SDG Impact Accelerator for refugees and displaced people: Call for proposals for pilot in Turkey. PlusValue has been working with the Government of Turkey, UNDP, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Eczacibasi Group, Limak Foundation and other international experts to co-design and kick off the SDG Impact Accelerator.
We are proud to present the call for proposals for the pilot in Turkey
SDG IMPACT ACCELERATOR
(SDGia) has been initiated by the Government of Turkey and UNDP with the support of Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Eczacibasi Group and Limak Foundation. SDGia aims to empower the impact entrepreneurs to help achieve Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). It is the first global impact acceleration program in Turkey.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Entrepreneurs, technology startups, NGOs and academics who want to commercialize their solutions.
If you have:
– A technological and scalable business model that increases access to basic rights and needs and livelihood opportunities for refugees and vulnerable groups
– Solutions on a verifiable and accredited digital ID that enables displaced people to more easily gain access to livelihoods
– Technological solutions related to water efficiency, wastewater treatment and recycling technologies in the field of clean water and sanitation
– Non-sewage portable toilet and sanitation solutions for areas/countries with limited access to water, such as refugee and seasonal agricultural worker camps
you can apply to the program.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
– Financial support up to 14,000 USD
– Technical and business development support from mentors who are experts in their fields
– Field visits where you can test/develop your solutions
– Opportunity to benefit from strong and extensive network of SDGia
– Opportunity to establish partnerships with participating startups from various countries
– Impact investment up to 100,000 USD
SDG Impact Accelerator
We see the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as the universal call for action to all fellow human beings. The SDG Impact Accelerator (SDGia) is a global accelerator built by a multi stakeholder platform focusing on empowering “systems entrepreneurs” and innovators who are providing impact at scale.
It aims to generate market-creating innovations initially for refugee populations and least-developed country (LDC) populations. Market-creating innovations will be executed not by focusing on a particular solution only, but by mobilizing different stakeholders to catalyze systems change.
As the partners of SDGia we are building a unique model for accelerating the discovery and market entry of solutions for the selected big problems related specifically to topics described below. We will do this by finding, mentoring, and funding founders and innovators in an accelerated time frame with the help of global investors mentors and partners.