PwC: supply chain analytics platform to accelerate organizations’ digital supply chain journey. PwC, the world’s leading professional services organization, has combined its expertise in supply chain and analytics to create a platform of analytics applications called SCOOP – supply chain opportunity and optimization platform.
SCOOP, launched in pilot mode in May 2016, allows users to oversee the whole of their supply chain and uses advanced data analytics to answer the four key questions always top of mind for a supply chain manager:
– How can I quickly tell how my supply chain is performing?
– How can I manage my supply chain in real time?
– What does my optimal supply chain look like?
– How can I identify and implement benefits to my supply chain?
– The platform, which is being rolled out globally, is available on premise and on Cloud via Microsoft Azure.
Organizations require a wide range of analytics capabilities within their supply chain so SCOOP is built to:
– Support diagnostics of current performance using analytics and PwC’s supply chain benchmarking services
– Transform supply chains by defining and predicting the impact of future designs
– Manage in real time, utililising data from connected devices, machines and assets.
SCOOP is currently being used by organizations across many sectors including oil and gas, retail, consumer goods, car manufacturing, hi-tech manufacturing and telecommunications.
“SCOOP is helping our clients identify and address a wide range of issues connected with their supply chain,” said Nigel Issa, PwC’s global leader for SCOOP. “And the results are immediate – whether it is helping to move stock more quickly through the chain to sort out ‘out of stock’ problems, reducing costs or quickly identifying risks, SCOOP is having a significant impact on the effectiveness of our clients’ supply chains.”
Example of issues which have been addressed through the use of SCOOP:
– Helping a global consumer goods business to design a future supply chain to effectively manage the integration of a number of acquisitions and to reduce costs across the supply chain
– Helping a major oil and gas company to optimize its use of equipment and centralize both the storage and maintenance of tools to one location
– Helping a major retailer optimize inventory and cost to serve by recommending to supply chain managers the best course of action to take
– Helping a car manufacturer identify supplier capacity constraints and set out plans to fix them
– Delivering segmentation of product demand profiles for a hi-tech manufacturers to identify optimal planning strategies.
“SCOOP’s use by clients across a wide range of sectors, means it can offer companies insights faster into supply chain patterns, potential improvements and lessons learned, than if companies started out on a bespoke solution. By working with our alliance partners at Microsoft and advanced operational visualization platform provider Conduce, SCOOP brings the best thinking about digital supply chain enabled by leading technology available today.” added Nigel Issa.
Kevin Parent, CEO, Conduce commented: “The platform doesn’t simply visualize and display data, it reveals operational insights in real time on how well supply chains are run. By pulling together data of all elements into one unified, engaging interface, Conduce helps decision makers at PwC achieve improved, measurable results.”