International Automobile Recycling Congress IARC 2018. The 18th International Automobile Recycling Congress IARC 2018 organized by ICM AG will be held from March 14 – 16, 2018 in the Vienna Marriott Hotel in beautiful Vienna, Austria.
Over 250 delegates from industry, authorities and academia will discuss and present news and challenges of the manufacturing and end-of-life vehicle (ELV) business. The congress will bring together the various links in the ELV recycling chain such as car manufacturers, metal and plastic scrap traders, recyclers, shredder operators and policy-makers from all over the world.
Topics of the congress:
– Benefits of the circular economy for car manufacturers and recyclers
– Country reports and updates on new laws and regulations regarding take-back quotas
– Safety aspects of collection and recycling of electric vehicle (cars, trucks, buses, bikes)
– Update on future cars and its impact on recycling
– Autonomous driving vehicles impact on car recycling
– Next generation recycling processes and equipment
– Innovations in dismantling, shredding and sorting
– How to recycle new materials used in future cars
– Recycling of batteries and other hazardous components
– Reuse & refurbishment – How about data security?
The congress program includes also tech box talks.
A large exhibition area is integrated into the conference facilities, where vendors meet their clients. Cocktail receptions and a networking dinner create an excellent atmosphere to get in touch with business partners, colleagues and competitors. The congress is also organizing plant tours to Müller-Guttenbrunn – Metran & MBA Polymers Austria, Gebrüder Gratz GmbH – Gratz Recycling GmbH – G&S Metallwerk GmbH and ENAGES Energie- und Abfallverwertungs Gesellschaft m. b. H.
Call for papers
The organizers have launched a call for papers and invite interested authors to submit their proposal before September 30, 2017.