EIT Food: 14 agrifood startups to drive disruption of the food system. 14 mature agrifood startups from 10 different countries had been accepted into the 3rd cohort of the EIT Food RisingFoodStars community.
This next phase of expansion to our scaleup association strengthens our commitment to transforming the food system by scaling agrifood companies in an international context who are actively driving the innovations of the future.
Our latest RisingFoodStars introduced
The RisingFoodStars Association is an umbrella organisation for high potential, game-changing mature agrifood startups and early scaleups, enabling its members to participate as Partners in all EIT Food activities. Our 3rd cohort of startups to the Association are:
– Amai Proteins (IL) – produces healthy, tasty and cost-effective proteins for the mass food market
– Urban Crop Solutions (BE) – provides total solutions for indoor vertical farming
– Trellis AI (IL) – a food system intelligence platform with real time data management and market intelligence over the entire food chain
– Team 30MHz (NL) – a digital platform for all indoor farming with wireless sensors allowing real-time remote crop monitoring on any device
– Fruitsapp (IT) – a B2B Marketplace for the fresh produce industry, connecting companies based on their complementary needs
– Connecting Food (FR) – allows digital B2B food auditing in real time from farm to fork and demonstrates to consumers proof that brands respect commitments and fair-trade practices
– Wasteless Ltd (IL) – real-time dynamic pricing engine for fresh food that allows supermarkets to promote products with a shorter expiration date on the shelves
– Mimica (UK) – focuses on food expiry labelling, Mimica Touch shows food freshness and spoilage in real time, by change in texture.
– SIA Agroplatforma (LV) – develops a grain trading platform connecting farmers with buyers and the stock market
– Natufia Labs (EE) – focuses on vertical farming in-house, with a device that allows growing any plants and herbs automatically
– Innovopro Ltd (IL) – produces unique chickpea protein ingredients in order to create nutritious, tasty, safe, and sustainable food products
– Thorice (IS) – controlled chilling technology for the poultry industry
– Novolyze SAS (FR) – a food safety company ensuring strong compliance with international Food Safety & Quality standards
– Fazla Gida (TR) – a holistic tech platform to manage food waste according to the Lansink ladder.
Welcoming our new members, Annick Verween, RisingFoodStars Manager, said: “With every cohort we add new impactful members to our community who we know will leave a positive mark on society. I am delighted to welcome our new RisingFoodStars and am looking forward to making them an active part of our EIT Food family.”
5 reasons to join the EIT Food RisingFoodStars:
1. Access to an unparalleled network – access to, and collaboration with, our expert network of industrial and academic Partners in EIT projects, as well as potential customers and distribution channels
2. Enhanced European reach – we have a presence in every country in Europe and beyond, helping your business reach new markets and develop internationally
3. Backing from a powerful brand – as the designated EU body to transform Europe’s food system, you will benefit from our powerful EIT Food RisingFoodStars brand, making your business more attractive to investors and customers
4. Increased visibility – access to and possibility to host a booth at best-in-class agrifood and entrepreneurship events, both in Europe and globally
5. Long term support – business support and professional development in scaling up, investments and the typical pains of a scaleup during your membership.
EIT Food supports innovative impactful agrifood entrepreneurs and startups to deliver new food innovations and businesses across Europe within its different programs. These programs are open to all agrifood companies. Within RisingFoodStars, we select only those companies who will drive the disruption of the food system and thereby help tackle our strategic objectives.
EIT Food is Europe’s leading food innovation initiative, with the aim to create a sustainable and future-proof food sector. The initiative is made up of a consortium of key industry players, startups, research centres and universities from across Europe. It is one of eight Innovation Communities established by the European Institute for Innovation & Technology (EIT), an independent EU body set up in 2008 to drive innovation and entrepreneurship across Europe.
EIT Food aims to collaborate closely with consumers to develop new knowledge and technology-based products and services that will ultimately deliver a healthier and more sustainable lifestyle for all European citizens.